|Function||Advocaat en partner|
|Expertise||Corporate Law / M&A|
|Phone||+31 88 253 5109|
Heimon Smits, is a partner in AKD's Corporate Law/M&A practice group in Amsterdam. He has particular expertise in M&A and private equity transactions, joint ventures, complex cross-border transactions and corporate restructurings. He is a member of the International Bar Association. Clients recommend him for his broad expertise in corporate law and being solution orientated and having a pragmatic approach. Client feedback included “Heimon’s dedication to his work is unparalleled”.
Prior to him joining AKD in August 2010, Heimon worked for more than 14 years for law firms NautaDutilh and Loyens&Loeff, including 2 years in New York advising on Dutch law aspects of cross border transactions.
In the Legal 500 for 2012 Heimon is listed as one of the recommended M&A lawyers of the Netherlands. In IFLR1000 for 2014 is included: “…Clients, too, are full of praise for the firm's M&A lawyers. One describes partner Heimon Smits as "knowledgeable and supportive" and appreciates his work on international matters because "he makes sure any information coming from foreign jurisdictions is translated in a way that we can understand it"… "
Heimon has been acting as Dutch counsel to vendors, purchasers and investors in numerous cross border and national transactions. Recent work includes advising and assisting:
- a listed Swiss company on the acquisition of two Dutch inflight service companies;
- a global manufacturer of silicone release liners on the divestment of its Finnish subsidiary and activities in multiple other jurisdictions;
- a listed Irish company active in global food industry on the acquisition of bakery activities of Dutch company;
- a Dutch joint venture company, formed by three large banks in The Netherlands, on the acquisition and transfer of activities in the field of processing of cash in circulation and the logistics of cash deposits and withdrawals;
- a listed US corporation, a global producer of mechanical and electrical motion control and power generation products, on its acquisition of several Dutch and Italian manufacturing companies;
- a US private equity investor and its portfolio company, a leading provider of advanced specialty chemicals, on the acquisition of a European-based manufacturer of products and technologies targeted to food and beverage, consumer and industrial applications.